The program is partly based on that of previous masterclasses and that of the breast pathology arm of the European School of Pathology and comprise presentations of related theories and practical issues, case demonstrations with radiological correlation, as well as analysis of large format digital histological slides.
The main topics are
• Normal breast anatomy, the basis for understanding breast radiology and pathology;
• Subgross morphological parameters valid for all the members of the breast team;
• Interdisciplinary approach in preoperative and postoperative diagnosis of breast diseases;
• The effect of mammography screening on the panorama of breast diseases;
• Multifocal and diffuse breast carcinomas;
• The role of molecular methods in diagnosing breast diseases.
This masterclass is designed for the members of the breast team: practicing pathologists, radiologists, surgeons, and oncologists, both specialists and trainees.